AIHM Equity Training Request for Proposal – up to $15,000
Request for Proposal
AIHM Equity Training
Introduction & Background
The BIPOC Committee recommends that the AIHM commit, as an organization, to consider equity and racism when making all future decisions and to dismantle previous policies that continue to contribute to inequity (including racial, ethnic, LGBTQIA+, disability, etc.). This decision needs to stem from a deep and abiding commitment to equity. Our institutional commitment must be grounded on the firmly held belief that all people are of equal value. An unshakable commitment to racial equity and ending discriminatory practices is fundamental to the integrity, strength, and effectiveness of the integrative health movement. We all agree that we are stronger, more vital, and more successful as an organization when we are transparent about our decision making, and when the diversity of our organization—in our leadership, our teaching faculty, our staff, and our membership—reflects the diversity of the human population. The objective of this Request for Proposal is to locate a source for Equity Training that will provide the best overall value to AIHM. While price is a significant factor, other criteria will form the basis of our award decision, as more fully described in the Evaluation Factors section of this Request for Proposal below.
We seek an approach to equity training that is part learning and part personal exploration—as both are necessary for us to succeed. We are seeking a modular training process with pre-/post-evaluations based on objectives. Our goal is to create a training and educational program in health equity as it relates to integrative health & medicine. Developed content would be owned by both the subject matter experts and AIHM for use after the initial training. The proposal should include how the training will contain interactive aspects, introspective/personal aspects, and some aspects that allow for recording to be shared with a wider audience. The training must include both synchronous and asynchronous learning components that can be facilitated via virtual and/or in-person elements. We foresee a general timeline of the training to cover a period of 3 months or possibly longer as we continuously evaluate issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and personally. The content must be able to live on an e-learning platform. The AIHM BIPOC Committee is accepting proposals in response to this RFP in order to find a qualified source to provide the equity training as generally described above.
Submission Guidelines & Requirements
The following submission guidelines & requirements apply to this RFP:
- Respondents should submit a 1-page letter of intent of the representative identified on the cover page no later than July 31, 2021, 11:59 pm PT.
- Respondents should list previous projects that are similar in scope to this project as part of their response, including references for each.
- A full proposal must be provided that is no more than 15 pages. This proposal must provide an overview of the proposed training curriculum, resumes of all individuals performing the work, and pricing structure. In addition, the full proposal should provide a proposed schedule and milestones.
- This budget structure should indicate the overall fixed price for the project as well as hourly rates and an estimated total number of hours for the project. We will not be paying indirect fees.
- Proposals must be signed by a representative that is authorized to commit for the individual or team.
- If you have a standard set of terms and conditions, please submit them with your proposal. All terms and conditions will be subject to negotiation.
- Proposals must remain valid for a period of 90 days from the date of submission.
- The AIHM BIPOC Committee anticipates selecting at least two individuals or teams to have more in-depth discussions and will make an award to one of these “down-selected” individuals or teams. We have funds available that may be shared with more than one individual or team based on the quality of submissions, but not to exceed $15,000 for any selected proposal.
The criteria set forth below should be met to achieve the successful completion of the project. Develop content to:
RFP & Project Timelines
- Acknowledge the history of racism, colonialism, and bias in the U.S. and across the globe
- Identify structural racism with a focus on addressing health care inequities
- Recognize implicit biases, their impacts, and ways to transform them within ourselves – race, gender, sexuality, ability, etc.
- Address the impact of racism and cultural appropriation in Integrative Health & Medicine
- Develop a roadmap to improve equitable care in Integrative Health and Medicine
- Develop a plan for in house facilitation of this material
The Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
- Request for Proposal Issuance 23 July 2021
- Letter of Intent due 31 July 2021
- Full Proposal Submissions due 19 Aug 2021
- Selection of Top Submissions of Intent/ Notification to Unsuccessful Submissions sent on 3 Sept 2021
- Interviews Conducted with the AIHM BIPOC Committee by 6 Sept 2021
- Final Selection(s) made by 20 Sept 2021
Not to exceed $15,000 (inclusive of indirect costs)
The AIHM BIPOC Committee will rate proposals based on the following factors:
- Responsiveness to the requirements outlined in this RFP
- Relevant demonstration of equity training theory
- Samples of work or follow-up discussions about the proposal
- Fulfilling stated objectives
- Design of training process
- Evaluation of learning objectives
- Expertise and experience of individual or team
- Detailed budget
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!