Mary Purdy, MS, RDN
[course/subject] Human Nutrition
Mary is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition (MS) from Bastyr University. She has 12+ years of professional nutrition experience: counseling 1-on-1 with an integrative and functional medicine approach, presenting at numerous national conferences, designing courses, speaking to groups, writing articles, and training other professionals. All this in clinics, at corporations, in colleges & universities, in a nutrition textbook, via online webinars, in magazines, on the radio, and on TV.
She also has expertise in sustainable food systems,is a food & climate activist and has been a leader in the nutrition field, championing the role of the dietitian as well as connecting and networking with numerous individuals and organizations all in the name of making this world healthier and more sustainable.
Currently, Mary is:
- Adjunct Faculty at Bastyr University, teaching in both the Nutrition and Naturopathic departments as well as the Acupuncture and East Asian Medicine department. (Since 2015)
- Regularly presenting nutrition and sustainability-focused webinars and in-person workshops for nutrition and healthcare professionals and dietetic students all over the country.
- Faculty for The Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine Fellowship, creating and facilitating the course “Human Nutrition”
- Dietitian for the Kris Carr Inner Circle Wellness Online community responding to nutrition questions and creating monthly videos on a variety of nutrition-related topics.
- Consultant and Active Committee/Steering Committee Member with numerous organizations such as:
- Planetary Health Collective
- Global Meatless Mondays Platform
- Food and Climate Alliance
- Sustainable Food Systems Subunit of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Food Justice Project with the Community Alliance for Global Justice
- Health and Climate Crisis Committee at Bastyr University
- Past Chair of and current Environment and Nutrition Chair of The Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine a dietetic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with 5000+ members
- New Member Chair of The Hunger and Environmental Nutrition dietetic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with 1200+ members
- Education Lead of The Planetary Health Collective
- Podcast Host of “The Nutrition Show” Podcast and Web series (formerly “Mary’s Nutrition Show”) and “The Good Clean Nutrition Podcast” sponsored by Orgain.
- Faculty/Instructor at Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy and online education platforms Dietitian Central and Catalyst
- Contributing author of Krause’s Food & The Nutrition Care Process
- Author of the Book “The Microbiome Reset Diet”