What are the eligibility requirements for the AIHM Fellowship?
This program is designed for clinicians who have completed postgraduate education and who hold an active license. We accept practitioners who have graduated from an accredited training institution and hold an active license to practice their chosen profession.
Advanced Practice Nurses
Direct Entry Midwives
Licensed Clinical Social Workers
*Nurses: BSNs and RNs with a bachelor’s degree in a health-related field are eligible to apply
If your profession is not listed here, we encourage you to reach out to us to check on your unique situation and eligibility. Contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the Fellowship approved by the ABOIM and American Board of Integrative Medicine? Does it have other accreditation/approval?
In March 2021, the AIHM Fellowship went through a rigorous review process and was approved by the Academic Consortium for Integrative Health & Medicine. This approval is valid through 2026.
What are the dates the next Fellowship class starts?
A new Fellowship cohort begins every April and October.
Some key dates for the cohort beginning in October 2023:
- Online classes begin: October 2, 2023
- Workshop 1: December 7-8 & 16-17, 2023
- Workshop 2: August 8-9 & 17-18, 2024
- Clinical Immersion: May through September 2025
- Workshop or Conference & Graduation: October 2025
How much time is required for the Fellowship?
What is the cost of the Fellowship program?
The 2023 tuition and fees Fellowship program is $26,200. This includes the $200 application fee, the $2,000 non-refundable admissions fee, and the tuition of $24,000. For the required 3rd workshop or conference, as well as in-person clinical immersion experience, there may be a minimal additional fee. Note: these last two items may be completed virtually for no additional expense.
What is required for the Fellowship application?
Here is a list of the required documents for the 2023 Fellowship Application:
1) Your current CV (curriculum vitae)
2) Your current professional license
3) Your residency certificate if this pertains to your profession
4) A letter of recommendation (on letterhead and not older than 12 months).
5) Personal Statement*
6) If you are applying for a scholarship, a second letter of recommendation is required.
7) If you are applying for a scholarship, your most recent tax return transcripts/Form 1040 or documents that show your AGI (Adjusted gross income). Be sure to block out/cover any social security numbers on it.
* Personal Statement Prompts/Questions to Answer
- What first attracted you to go into your chosen profession?
- What do you enjoy most about the work you do?
- Why do you want to be admitted to the AIHM Fellowship?
- How will you use the knowledge and experience gained during this Fellowship to transform your practice, organization and/or community?
Note: The personal statement is weighted in the scholarship rubric.
Can I work full-time and do the Fellowship?
Do I have to travel or attend any in person components of the Fellowship?
No, you are not required to travel to attend the required components of the Fellowship. You will be able to meet all requirements through virtual offerings. You will have the option to coordinate an in-person experience for the Clinical Immersion and the option to attend the AIHM Annual Conference in person as the third/final workshop in the Fellowship program with additional costs.
Are the required workshops in person?
Currently, all Fellowship workshops will be offered virtually. The third workshop will be connected to the AIHM Annual Conference. Fellows will have the option to join this event in person with some additional costs. The first and second retreats will be 2 weekdays (Thurs/Fri) in one week and 2 weekend days (Sat/Sun) the following week. All 4 days are required.
I live outside of the United States. Am I eligible for the Fellowship?
What are the graduation requirements?
To graduate, you must complete: 1000 hours of courses, three workshops (with your cohort), the clinical immersion, and pass the clinical practicum and final examination. Additionally, your tuition must be paid in full to receive your certificate of completion and/or walk at graduation.
What kind of documentation do I receive upon graduation?
*Must meet all additional requirements.