- This event has passed.
AIHM Forum: Critical Conversations about Racism in the Integrative Community
August 13, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
Zoom registration required:
AIHM Invites you to join us for our 2nd Community Forum on Racism and Equity
The AIHM Black, Indigenous and People of Color Task Force invites you to our upcoming Forum: Critical Conversations about Racism in the Integrative Community on August 13th at 5 pm PDT.
We are requesting your input as we determine our direction, mission and advocacy within our organizations and health care.
We need your unique outlook and solutions to the impact of social and environmental racism on health and the healthcare system so that we can create equity together.
We will have speakers but are also having lively breakout sessions where we encourage you to bring your experiences, thoughts and ideas to the table. We’ll be having breakouts on:
1. Implicit biases and the lack of cultural fluency
2. Health care equity: Addressing Access and Diagnosis
3. Health care equity: Proper Patient-Centered Interventions, Adherence and Follow-Up, Including the Patient’s Understanding and Ability to Follow Plan
4. Social Determinants of Health vs Health Disparities
5. Enhance Research “with” and “not on” Communities of Color and Low Socioeconomic Communities