Call for Virtual Research Posters
AIHM welcomes poster abstract submissions for the upcoming annual conference being held virtually October 9-11, 2020. We are pleased to receive abstracts on integrative health and medicine, naturopathic medicine, chiropractic medicine, holistic nursing, mind-body research, acupuncture, consciousness and spirit, public health and policy related to integrative health and medicine, or other relevant topics. Virtual posters during AIHM 2020 will feature an electronic poster and the option for a short video recording (up to 5 minutes) from the poster presenter in a pre-recorded presentation.
Abstracts will be selected based on originality, study design, interpretation and relevance to the practice of Integrative Health & Medicine. Abstracts may be submitted in any of the following categories:
1) Research – Includes basic science (fundamental or bench research), observational research, or clinical trials. 2) Clinical Innovations – Case reports or practice-based models, including all integrative models. Case report submissions must follow the Care Guidelines. 3)Educational – Includes innovative training and educational models or programs that highlight interprofessional education, curriculum and faculty development in integrative health including global service projects. (4) Policy – Includes global policy, cost-effectiveness studies, underserved models, etc. (5)Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion – Includes efforts to support the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in integrative health.
Abstract Submission Process
Abstracts must be submitted via the online submission form in 1 of 5 categories outlined above. Submissions will be reviewed by the interprofessional AIHM research review committee. You will be notified with the committee’s decision on September 23, 2020. Proposals require a short title with a clear and concise abstract covering the Background and Purpose, Methods and Design, Results, and Conclusions. Please proof-read your abstract details before submitting. Spelling and grammar count! We strongly recommend that the lead author prepare the required information in advance to save time and to ensure that you have a backup copy of your session details. Once the online submission process is started, it must be completed in its entirety in order to be saved and submitted. Incomplete or partial submissions will NOT be saved in our system.
To begin the submission process, fill out the form below.
Prizes & Acknowledgements
The interprofessional review committee will judge posters and prize winners will be announced at the AIHM Research Poster Reception sponsored by Bastyr University on Saturday, October 10, 2020 from 5:30 – 6:30 pm PST. All researchers are expected to attend the event. To be eligible to receive a prize, researchers must be in attendance. The top ten (10) will receive a letter of commendation for their resume. The top three (3) will be featured in an AIHM email that will highlight their research presented at the conference.
All accepted virtual posters will be displayed on the AIHM website which will remain online as a resource for our global community.
There are no cash prizes this year.
Please review the submission FAQs prior to submitting a proposal so you are fully aware of the benefits, requirements, deadlines and other aspects of the virtual poster presentation.
When is the submission deadline? All online submissions must be submitted by Midnight PST September 20, 2020.
Do I need to also register for the conference? Yes. All accepted virtual poster presenters must also register for the conference. To register online visit: https://aihm.org/conference/ If you do not register for the conference, you will not be permitted to present your virtual poster during the conference.
If accepted, what will I need to provide to present my poster virtually? Virtual posters will feature an electronic poster and a short video recording (up to 5 minutes) from the presenter in a pre-recorded presentation. Your electronic poster and video recording will be due Sunday, September 27, 2020.
- Format and File Type of Accepted Posters: All Posters should be in LANDSCAPE (horizontal) format and saved as a PDF, PPTX, PPT, JPEG or PNG file. There are no required dimensions or size limit due to the virtual nature of the poster. Conference attendees will be able to download the poster and zoom in/out for optimal viewing.
- Sample Poster Templates
- Contact Information: Please clearly print 1 email address on your electronic poster for attendees to refer to should they have any questions or comments. If you do not wish to print your own email address, please list another email address for an appropriate contact person for your abstract. Note that attendees will be encouraged to chat with you during the conference so check your inbox during the live event to connect directly with attendees and judges who may have more questions for you about your research.
- Poster Presenters must include a short (up to 5 minutes) video file to accompany their virtual poster. This can be done in two ways:
- Option 1 – Zoom (PREFERRED FORMAT): Record audio and video synced with a presentation
- Option 2 – Microsoft PowerPoint: Record audio to a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint
Onsite Time Commitment & Research Reception
Will I have a specific time I need be at my poster during the virtual conference? There are specific hours each day that attendees will be encouraged to attend the virtual exhibit hall and research posters. While you do not need to be at your posters during this time (as they are virtual), be available for chatting with attendees or judges that may be visiting the research posters during these times. Times for poster:
Friday, October 9
- 6 – 8 am PST – View Research E-Posters & Networking
- 10:05 – 10:40 am PST – View Research E-Posters & Networking
- 12:00 – 12:50 pm PST – View Research E-Posters & Networking
- 2:10 – 2:45 pm PST – View Research E-Posters & Networking
Saturday, October 10
- 6 – 8 am PST – View Research E-Posters & Networking
- 9:20 – 9:55 am PST – View Research E-Posters & Networking
- 11:00 – 12:50 pm PST – View Research E-Posters & Networking
- 1:25 – 2:00 pm PST – View Research E-Posters & Networking
- 5:30 – 7:00 pm PST – RESEARCH RECEPTION & AWARDS CEREMONY (required to attend)
For Questions Contact:
Meredith Twohy, Conference Manager | E-mail: email@example.com